Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Update

Hello all!
First I'd like to thank you for the kind comments on my patterns. Not too much thought went into those but they all turned out quite nicely. Please add me on Ravelry if you haven't already, my user name is MissKatPegasus. So let's get down to what I've been knitting.

For mother's day I made my mom the Holden Shawlette (yes I made another Holden Shawlette). And yet again it turned out beautifully.

I finished that while I was on the most stressful vacation in the world.
First it started with this:

And it ended in having almost everything on my brakes replace to the tune of about $650. Being stranded in Tennessee with no brakes was not the best feeling in the world but I made it back to our fair city in one piece thankfully.
This is what I saw while I was adventuring Tennessee:

The Chatanooga Art Museum. It was closed but it was still beautiful from the outside.

This horse is made out of metal even though it looks like drift wood. Pretty neat, huh?

I think this boat is a restaurant. It was really cool to watch.

I have one other FO I'll be sharing with you today. I'm proud to announce that I have successfully knit my first pair of socks!! I used the Lisa's Basic Toe Up Socks pattern and I could not be happier with them. They are knit in Paton's Kroy Socks in the Sailor Stripes colorway. The best part is it only took about a week to make them. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually considering joining the 52 pair plunge next year.


One WIP I've been slowly working on is the Twist caridigan, which I have affectionately renamed the Pretzel Sweater. I'm making it out of Knit Picks WOTA in the Indigo Heaher colorway. Here's a small bit of what the yarn and pattern looks like.


I'll do just a quick update on the wedding (this will not be anything close to a wedding blog so don't get your hopes up). We're less than 4 months away from the big day. I've finished the first of four shawls that I'm knitting for the wedding. The first shawl is the Seascape Stole. I knit it in Knit Picks Gloss in the Fiesta colorway. I don't think I'll be posting pictures of the shawls until after the wedding when I do a recap just because I want there to be some kind of semi-suprise factor sort of like what the wedding dress looks like.

Well tootles for now and TTFN!! 

1 comment:

  1. The shawl is beautiful! I may have to try to make one for me. What a bummer about your car repairs! You weren't far from me~I live an hour north of Chattanooga. The socks are pretty and I can't wait to see your other shawls.

    ReplyDelete