Friday, February 25, 2011

#3 and #4

Well I managed to finished 2 projects this week! Probably has something to do with being home from work under the weather. Well, I'm not sure if one of them counts but we're going to say that I did even though I frogged it.
Firstly the Citron Shawl. I gave it my mommy and she was completely thrilled with it. I made it with Knit Picks Felici in Waterscape. Honestly I don't think I'll be knitting this again simply because it's miles and miles of stockinette stitch that just gets longer and longer and feels like it never ends. I only had enough yarn to finish 4 repeats and 6 rows of the edge. I hate to say this but I was begging the yarn to run out because I didn't want to do anymore stockinette.

                                                                    Here's the front:



                                                                And here's the back:



And today I frogged the Slouchy Copy Cat Hat because it was TINY and popped right off my head. I don't think I'll be casting on for this hat again but I'm very glad I learned the mock cable pattern in it.




I'd like to talk about my first experience with Noro. For the price, I was not impressed with this yarn at all. First, in the first row of making the hat I encountered a knot. For almost $10/a ball I should NEVER encounter a knot, especially considering the ball only has like 119 yds. Secondly, it rubbed a raw spot on my finger because it was so rough. I'm sure it softens up when soaked in Soak Wool Wash but you would think it would be softer. What I like (LOVE) about this yarn are the colors and how they all fit together.

So that was my wonderful week in knitting. I'm going to cast on a shawl I think now in Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Tidepool next. Wish me luck!
Take care and TTFN!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment