Thursday, January 27, 2011

100 Project Journey

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson


     I am going to embark on a journey. I don't know how long it is going to take me and I don't know where I am going to wind up but it is the journey, not the destination that is important. I am taking upon myself a goal of trying 100 different projects and posting them on my blog. Now idealistically I'm going to have this done in a year, but we all know how life goes sometimes and I don't want to feel like cranking 2 projects a week out is a burden more than a joy. 
    Now I have not planned out 100 projects for a very specific reason. I have the tendency to love a finished garment when I first see it and then after a month of the pattern sitting on my coffee table untouched, I know that it's never going to be made. So I'm going to be choosing patterns in the moment and doing them as soon as I pick them. Or maybe I'll pick 2 projects a week on Sunday and work on them at the same time. I sometimes have yarn crafting ADHD so this may be a better option.
    This feels like such a good opportunity to stash bust too. I have, well, as most knitters and crocheters would say, an extensive stash. Honestly I have a problem with buying yarn. I think it's mostly the thrill of coming home with a shiny new ball of yarn that fuels this. Or even worse, a huge bag full of shiny new yarns! The yarn stores around here are all chains and they're yarn selection is pretty blah, so I buy a lot of my yarn online if I can find a good sale. 
   On Sunday I'm going to be identifying the projects I'm going to do that week and I'm very excited about starting this. If anyone has suggestions I'll be more than willing to take them into consideration. Projects I'll be considering will be new techniques that I've never tried, old techniques done in a new way and new and exciting garments. Please add me on Ravelry under the user name MissKatPegasus.
TTFN and take care!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment