Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sleepy Saturday

Hello everyone, welcome to another sleepy Saturday in Cleveland. This blog is orientated to all things yarn related and, well, whatever else I feel needs discussed. I think a run down of all my current projects is in order, in case anyone really cares.
Today I started on the 2nd of a pair of gloves for my beloved and, alas!, I had enough yarn to knit the first 2 gloves and the first thumb and them I ran out of yarn. Since I was not feeling motivated at all to go to JoAnne's (which is the only place around here to get that particular yarn) I decided that I'd finish up a bag I've been working on. I was knitting the gloves in Bernat Alpaca Blend in a dark gray colorway. Bernat Alpaca blend is soooo soft and super warm. It's my first time working with it and I must warn you now, the fibers from the yarn come off and stick to your clothes when you're working on it so don't work with it if you're going to be going somewhere where you don't want to look like you're covered in dog hair. I'm going to put up the pattern for the gloves as soon as I'm done with them. They're very simple but I must say there is a great need for men's patterns that they would actually need and fits them.
Now for the bag I'm working on. I was at first going to make a fat bottomed bag out of Lion Brand's Amazing yarn, the colorway being Aurora. This was all fine and dandy until I waited a week to make the 2nd panel and I completely forgot how may rows was between the cables. Oh well. So I folded it in half and did a single crochet up 2 sides on the wrong side to make it a small bag. I'm going to weave in some ribbon for a drawstring.
Just a note on Lion Brand. I'm obsessed with them. I'm not going to lie, they're pretty much amazing. The yarn they put out is top notch and the LB Collection yarn. Don't even get me started on that. I would be so broke if I lived anywhere near the studio in NYC. Thank god I don't!! If you haven't already, you should check out their website and their podcast. Also the Knit Picks podcast is quite entertaining. I just discovered it a few weeks ago and I liked it so much that I downloaded all of the episodes and I've been listening to them at work. I think I'm like on episode 60 something and there's 151 so I have a bit of catching up to do.
Oh yeah, we were talking about my projects. I'm also currently working on a Harry Potter scarf for a friend, 2 afghans that were supposed to be graduation presents for last year (oops) and I'm learning how to knit socks.
I'm a fairly new knitter but I've been crocheting for almost 15 years. I think my main issue with knitting has always been trying to think of crocheting solutions to my knitting issues. I've been having a hard time with picking up stitches on the heel of a sock and it's been really frustrating. I had to put it down for a few days so I don't break any needles.
Well I think I've talked your ear off enough so TTFN!! Take care.
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment